If one had unprotected sex few days before her monthly period time after that took i-pill is there any chance to get pregnant?Or does it delay period?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Typical with Plan B

Plan b essentially disrupts the normal menstrual cycle by blocking or delaying ovulation.
That it is how it works and why it is so different than a medical abortion. Irregular bleeding after taking Plan B is not rare. Always check a pregnancy test after using Plan B and see a doctor to start a better form of birth control.

In brief: Typical with Plan B

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: I Pill

Potential side effects w emergency contraception includes menstrual flow changes (spotting, bleeding, early or late period).
It is up to 89 % effective if taken within 72 hours. Take pregnancy test & notify dr if your period is 7 or > days late.

In brief: I Pill

Dr. Jane Van Dis