Does johnson's baby wash really help for a stye on your eyelid?

Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe a little

Sometimes a blocked gland is caused by excessive oil or skin that clogs the openings of the gland.
Baby shampoo can help that skin or oil dissolve to reopen the gland or to prevent it from clogging. I discourage warm cloths because bacteria prefer warm to cool, so i think that infection is prevented by cool.

In brief: Maybe a little

Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not much

The best thing you can do is apply heat - a very warm (not hot) washcloth applied to the closed eyelids for 4 minutes about 5 times per day for several days usually will clear it up.
If it persists more than 10 days, see your ophthalmologist.

In brief: Not much

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger