Would a blood clot in the leg pain be constant or come and go?

Both. If you have any reason to suspect that you have a blood clot in your leg you need to, get this checked out. Folks your age tend not to, get blood clots unless you have had an injury or operation on your leg or abdomen. Leg blood clot can be very serious, even fatal. Get it checked out soon.
Dvt get it checked. Deep vein thrombosis is a serious disease and fatal if not treated. Characteristics of the pain can serve to suspect DVT and to act to diagnose it; get advise from a physician and rule it out. Don't wait.