Is it normal to have pain above your temples after having a top tooth pulled? Pain feels like the muscles in my head tight

Not unusual. It is not unusual to have some muscle strain in the head and neck area after an extraction. There is a tendency for most people to tense up a little. That along with some stretching of your jaw in the open position can lead to some temporary muscle strain. Try using moist head on your temples ( not in the extraction area) and/or take an anti-inflammatory such as Ibuprofen 800mg tonight.
You can. One of the muscles that functions in movement of the lower jaw is located in the temple region. It is not uncommon for some patients to experience some tightness in the muscles with many dental procedures. If it is muscle related, moist heat applied to the affected areas will usually help decrease the tightness.