Sharp stabbing pain above my left knee. Hurts more when my knee is in flexion( sitting or sleeping ). What is going on?

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Quad strain?

Difficult to say w/out examination but sounds like you may have strained your quadriceps muscle or quads tendon w/ symptoms u are describing.
Best to have it checked out so see your pcp w/ referral to orthopedist if necessary. Best of luck!

In brief: Quad strain?

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Hal Blatman
Pain Management

In brief: What is tender?

Best clues the body gives is: what is tender to touch causes most of the pain.
If the joint moves well and without pain, then the problem is most likely from muscle and fascia. A tender muscle knot, part of a ropey band of muscle, is a trigger point and the pain is myofascial. Beyond this you might need to be examined. www.blatmanhealthandwellness.com.

In brief: What is tender?

Dr. Hal Blatman
Dr. Hal Blatman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine