Can my child go to school with poison ivy rashes?

Poison Ivy. Poison ivy rash is not contagious. Rubbing the rashes won't spread poison ivy to other parts of your body (or to another person). You spread the rash only if urushiol oil -- the sticky, resinlike substance that causes the rash -- has been left on your hands.
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, poison ivy is not contagious - it's an allergic reaction to the oil in the plant. However, make sure that's what it is -- several other rashes, some of which are contagious, look like poison ivy sometimes. Your dermatologist will know the difference.