I took a urine drug screen and benzodiazepines showed up in my metabolites i haven't taken a benzo in three months but have a bad liver is that why?

Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Drug testing

Urine drugs tests are quite accurate.
When reported as +, it means it has shown positive on an initial chemical screening ; then usually also been confirmed by a test for a specific molecule. The confirmations generally do not cross react with other substances ("false positives"). With a sick liver, it can take some time for benzos to clear, but I have not seen it be more than 1 mo, at most 2.

In brief: Drug testing

Urine drugs tests are quite accurate.
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Benzos

Benzos and their metabolites can easily turn up in urine drug screens for months.
... Up to 120 days after use, especially if one was taking them on a regular basis. This fact is regardless of liver disease or not.

In brief: Benzos

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian