At what age is it good for a child to worry about his or her weight and start counting calories?

Child Weight Worries. The best thing is to focus on eating a healthy varied diet and getting exercise daily. Overworry about weight and counting calories in childhood can lead to a lifetime of disordered eating and eating disorders. Focus on my plate and let's move recommendations for healthy eating and exercise. Contact your doctor if you have more questions.
Kid wt. awareness. You shoudl encourage your child to eat healthy and exercise regularly in par wiht the age of the child. Be very careful about not going overboard as you do not want teenagers with eating disorders, bulemia and anorexia nervosa. If your child is overweight tell them to eat well balanced diet&exercise routinely&nd help them by setting an example &having only healthy choices available at at all times.