Are there any bad side effects from the patch daytrana for a child?

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
Since the patch of da ytrana releases methylphenidate, it can cause all of the same side effcts as Ritalin or Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine).
Headache, stomach ache, decreased appetite, insomnia, irritability and tics are the ost frequent side effects.

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Patrick Hieber
In brief: Daytrana
Other than the known side effects common to all forms of methylphenidate, the only one unique to datrana is local irritation form the adhesive patch.
This is usually manageable by rotating the application site daily and a mild Hydrocortisone cream topically which has been very infrequently needed in my experience.

In brief: Daytrana
Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Cindy Juster