Baby 1 m old has been receiving nystatin 2weeks for oral thrush. Thrush has not improved. Any natural course of treatment? Any chance it could clear up on its own? Should we continue with nystatin?

Dr. Ronald Widman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Peds

2 weeks should be ample time for treatment for thrush.
If not any better it is time to be rechecked by the doctor.

In brief: Peds

Dr. Ronald Widman
Dr. Ronald Widman
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Thrush

Oral thrush is a common infection of the mouth among infants.
It is treated with topical nystatin. Some reasons that the medication is taking a little longer to treat the infection, may include skipping doses, not applying it to the affected areas effectively, continued exposure to candida. I would suggest treating any diaper rashes. Immune problems can be another cause, pls check with your M.D.

In brief: Thrush

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Adam Levy