Besides imaging and mri, are there new tests for recurrent breast cancer?

Not really. The follow up of a breast cancer pateint includes interval history, physicial exam, and routine laboratory studies that are helpful in evaluating for recurrent disease. Imaging, such as ct, mri, bone scan or pet/ct is used to evaluate areas of concern raised by the initial studies.
Breast cancer. Can recur in the breast or metastasize to other organs. Mr is imaging, and indicated in "dense breasts" where x-ray mammography is less sensitive. It's routine to image 6 months after lumpectomy and diagnsotic bilateral studies are done annually after lumpectomy. There are experimental interest in linear array ultrasound devices done in the prone position.
Yes PET scan. Pet scan is a very good device to monitor the recurrence of tumor and location of metastasis.