Why should I go in to hospital lab if I can use the one in doctors office?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: ???

Don't know. Ask your doctor or the lab office.
Maybe the doctor's office lab facility cannot do some labs , and the hospital can.

In brief: ???

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Depends

The insurer you are covered by dictates the locations you can have your lab done and paid for.This is one of the early changes that came out of Hillarycare PPO's in the 90's.
It gave to your insurer control of how all things health related were contracted/paid. You might be able to get them done at your doc's lab, but face paying out of pocket.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Cindy Juster