How long until a hydrocele goes away after hernia repair?

In brief: It depends!

In order to answer the question, you'd have to know where it was, whether it was the first one, how big it was, and how long you had it before the operation.
There are many factors! the good news is that seromas do go away, although sometimes we need to treat them.

In brief: It depends!

Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Addagada Rao
Yes, small hematoma or seroma out side testis will resolve but if hydrocele develops inside tunica vaginalisform true hydrocele , will need surgery in few years
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery

In brief: Clarify

I am not sure what you are referring to when you talk about hydroelectric after surgery.
You may mean a seroma which is a fluid collection that normally occurs after surgery. That will go away in 2-4 weeks. A hero else is a different condition from a hernia and usually requires surgical repair.

In brief: Clarify

Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Lugo, I think your phone spell checker went crazy!
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery