Can photodynamic therapy be used on basal cell cancer?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: PDT uses
A porphyrrin systemically, and there is light sensitivity for days to weeks, and then light.
To my knowledge, not approved, but it could work at higher cost and toxicity than dermatolgic surgery or radiotherapy. I'd have XRT if i had one, many get moh's, others go to plastic surgeons. Do we need a new high cost way to do this? I don't think so.

In brief: PDT uses
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology
In brief: Yes, but
It could be used, but not with high expectation of cure.
These tumors are reliably cured with surgery. For certain basal cell cancers, topical treatments can be highly effective, but you need to consult with a dermatologist to determine if this is appropriate.

In brief: Yes, but
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Apparently, yes.
Apparently, this is used to treat many conditions, including skin cancers like basal cell cancer.
It can even be used to treat acne.

In brief: Apparently, yes.
It can even be used to treat acne.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Adam Smith