How long schould i keep giving Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to a 7mth old baby? After having allergy reaction itchy rush is still visible but the itch seems to be gone.

Dr. Thomas Josa
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Benadryl (diphenhydramine)

I know it's hard to watch your baby go through this.
Benadryl only treats the symptoms and will not speed up healing of the reaction itself but can help to prevent scratching. You can miss a dose or two to see if the itching comes back.

In brief: Benadryl (diphenhydramine)

Dr. Thomas Josa
Dr. Thomas Josa
Dr. John Chiu

In brief: Be more specific

If the rash is raised and disappears in less than a day, then it is likely from hives which can be controlled with low dose of antihistamine (based on weight).
If it is on the skin and tends to be scaly and lasting more than a couple of days, then topical Hydrocortisone cream may work better. However it the rash does not seem to bother the baby, why treat it? (unless it goes on for weeks).

In brief: Be more specific

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Adam Smith