Is cymbalta (duloxetine) (20 mg) safe and effective for anxiety and nervous stomach? I was/is experiencing IBS like symptoms such as gas/bloating

Cymbalta effects. Cymbalta primarily for treatment of Depression, it is also used for Anxiety. Its side effects can be- nausea abdominal pain, dyspepsia, and flatulence. Discuss with Psychiatrist: •Diagnosis of Anxiety •Severity of symptoms now needing medication •Side effects of Cymbalta •Medications-Ativan, Xanax or Buspar •Therapy for stresses in your life •Breathing Relaxation •Visual Imagery of National Parks.
Yes. Cymbalta (duloxetine) is used for major depression of which anxiety maybe an accompanying symptom. It is not an antianxiety medication per se. It is often used for depression with an associated chronic pain. Benzodiazepines are often used judiciously for anxiety until the antidepressant kicks in, but only as a short term measure for they can be addicting. It is important to remember that you can't drink alcoho.