Has anyone experienced post op paresthesia for a time after dental treatment?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management
In brief: Very rare
Most paresthesias resolve in 8 weeks with no treatment.

In brief: Very rare
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics
It is a risk , especially with impacted lower wisdom teeth.
Also seen with lower jaw dental implant placement. Typically goes away on its own over time , or with a Medrol (methylprednisolone) dose pack to decrease swelling. Rarely, however, permanent anesthesia occurs. Good Luck.

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
In brief: Yes..
Usually i'm the one giving injections, so I have not experienced paresthesia myself.
Although rare, long lasting aneshesia can happen, and can last for days or in extream cases, for months.

In brief: Yes..
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
Paresthesia and anesthesia is one of the potential risks associated with the removal of wisdom teeth in the lower jaw, implant surgery, and other surgical procedures where the surgical procedure is near the nerve supplying sensory sensation to the lower jaw.
There are patients who have had transient as well as some with permanent altered sensation.

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Although rare, it can last for days, weeks, months, or permanently.

Dr. Anthony Silvestro
Dr. Anthony Silvestro