I have lower back pain that goes into my left buttock but not down my leg. Stiff in morning and after resting then eases. Cd it be arthritis? I'm 42

Spine Pain Options. This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.
Could be. This could certainly be arthritis affecting your low back, that may be inflaming your l sciatic nerve-fortunately causing a radiation into your buttock only at this time (not your whole leg). Arthritis often causes morning pain and stiffness which ease through the day. Get evaluated and x-rays would definitively diagnose a possible arthritic component. Good luck.