Will wearing compression garments help in post hernia repair(on jan 2014), hard ball like seroma in abdomen and strengthen surgery areas?

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: No help now

There are some repairs in the literature that have shown a benefit in preventing seromas by using a compression garment, but once one forms, it will most likely not help make it go away faster. I less it is causing problems, such as pain, or enlarging significantly, i tell my patients to proceed about their usual activities as it should resolve within 6 months.
No need for ct scans or ultrasounds.

In brief: No help now

No need for ct scans or ultrasounds.

In brief: No it does not help

Have your doctor order us and follow it with repeat us in one month.

In brief: No it does not help

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery