I've been on the Depo-Provera shot for 3 years I've never a period my next shot is march 25. I got my period today. Is my shot still working?

Breakthrough bleed. Your magical depo shot was designed to suppress ovulation and the build up of a uterine lining so it's no surprise that you weren't having periods, however over time you can accumulate little bits of lining/endometrial tissue that reaches a critical mass where it then sheds. This can be normal add long as you're on time with all your injections.