My heart rate is lower during the day when sitting upright, when laying down my heart rate is higher. Is this normal?

Dr. Joshua Cooper
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Normal variation

Heart rates vary through the day, under precise control by a nerve network and by adrenaline levels in the blood.
Many things can increase the heart rate, including exercise, emotion, dehydration, and even paying attention to the heart rate. If you feel palpitations or other symptoms when your heart rate is fast, a heart monitor can help figure out if you are having any abnormal heart rhythms.

In brief: Normal variation

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine