Is baby nasal bleeding serious?

Not usually. Nose bleeds in babies may be from using the bulb syringe to suction the nose too vigorously. It can irritate the membranes and cause bleeding. Babies or infants can pick their nose and create the same problem.
Usually irritants . Nose bleeds in infants is usually a reflection of nasal irritant effect. Dry heat, smoke, dust, fumes, etc.All lead to irritation & occasionally infection.This causes small nasal capillaries to bleed, often as the face is rubbed into bed linen in sleep. Removing as many irritants from their life as possible can help as can nasal saline wash, nasal saline gel & reasonable humidity within the home.
It can be. Agree that in most cases it is mild, self limited and caused by local irritation or inflammation. If the bleeding is not well controlled, other causes such as a bleeding disorder or liver disease may be considered by your physician.