I alternate between Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and klonopin (for sleep) is it safe to take klonopin for anxiety morning after taking a Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for sleep?

Cannot fully endorse. Your information is of concern, as you describe issues with both sleep and anxiety and they may well relate. However, sounds like this may be getting more complex. You obviously have a sleep disorder, and may well need help with the anxiety. Please see a sleep specialist, and perhaps a psychiatrist, as there may be more success with an alternative approach.