My mother in law had CT scan its wriiten that "old lacunar infarct in bilateral basal ganglia. Left lateral ventricle is more prominent".What is this?

Small silent strokes. Commonly seen in older patients as blockage of tiny vessels occurs frequently without symptoms. The enlarged ventricle occurs as the damaged brain tissue shrinks.
Maybe normal. We sometimes see small "holes" in different areas of the brain. These may represent small strokes or prominent passages for blood vessesls. Particularly in the area of the basal ganglia it is hard to tell. A prominent left lateral ventricle may be a normal finding. It must be seen in context of the whole image of the brain.
Stroke. The ct report is describing the kind of stroke that happened in the past.