Why do I still have mouth swelling a month after my wisdom teeth removal?

May be normal. I hurt for at least 2 weeks, but my pain was improving each and every day. If your pain is not improving or, in fact, is getting worse, i'd call the dentist. If it is improving slowly, wait and see. Do salt water gargles and take ibuprofen. This may help.
Not healed. If swelling still persists a month after wisdom teeth removal, it is important to have a dentist check it out. It may be a bone infection that had not resolved and would need to be treated appropriately.