Is there a difference between depression and depressive mood disorders?

Possibly. I am not sure how you are using the term "depressive mood disorders." depression (major depression) is one of the depressive disorders, but there are other types. So, my answer largely depends on how you are using your terms. In general, there is not a big difference between the two terms.
Symptom vs illness. Depression is one symptom of a variety of depressive mood disorders. These can include: major depression, dysthymia, adjustment disorder with depression. Also depression can be a symptom of other disorders that are not labeled depressive such as ptsd and bipolar.