I started on birth control pills 15 days ago (loette28) on the 1th day of my period. And i still bleed. Is this normal?. I had sex while on my period.

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control.
It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working.

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham