Is 5mg provera (medroxyprogesterone) daily enough to delay my period for fertility purposes? I'm on day 5 of taking it with 5 days to go and my period has arrived.

Dr. Jane Van Dis

In brief: Sometimes no

It sounds like it isn't if you are already bleeding.
Definitely call your doctor and let him/her know as it might affect the timing of your cycle and what he/she has planned for you.

In brief: Sometimes no

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Unclear question

It is not clear what you are trying to do.
If you are taking Provera (medroxyprogesterone) to induce a period so that you can begin taking Clomid then things have changed since you started your cycle already. Contact the prescribing physician and clarify the plan. Once your cycle starts then most docs begin Clomid on day 3.

In brief: Unclear question

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jane Van Dis