How many have had lumbar facet injections?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Was more common..
Less common today, since some studies cast doubt on serious benefitss.
In my experience they appeared to help. However, their is no coding specific for facet blocks, so that doctors can bill. These are called cpt codes and facet injection was removed 1/1/11. Nonetheless, a common procedure, which if done properly will not hurt.

In brief: Was more common..
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Many Patients
A facet injection is a minimally invasive procedure that can temporarily relieve back pain caused by inflamed facet joints.
A facet injection includes both a long-lasting corticosteroid and an anesthetic numbing agent. The drugs are delivered to the painful facet joint, either inside the joint capsule or in the tissue surrounding the joint capsule.

In brief: Many Patients
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Vikram Patel