Got a mucus retention cyst in sinus CT scan blocking sinus partially.What are the treatments to remove it or dissolve it?Suffering from post nasal dip

Dr. James Andrea
Dentistry

In brief: Not necessary to

Remove a mucous retention cyst is not necessarily the cause of your sinus problems.
I take ct scans all day and we see a lot of mucous retention cysts with little correlation to symptoms. If you are going to have it out just know that your symptoms will probably not improve . Many university radiologists that read scans will advise against treatment because of the high reoccurrence rate

In brief: Not necessary to

Dr. Arnon Rubin