I had an inguinal hernia repair surgery last year, what exercises can I do to tone my obliques and abs?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: 1SizeDOESNOT Fit All
The goal of any operation is to get people back to their baseline activity (and most people can!).
However, activity restrictions may vary quite a bit from patient-to-patient, depending on the size and type of hernia, the nature of the repair, and the patient's health. Abdominal exercises will stress the repair, but the ability of your body to tolerate this stress is best answered by your surgeon.

In brief: 1SizeDOESNOT Fit All
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Addagada Rao
excellent explanation
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: Recommend
The best excercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles are those that strengthen the core.
Some of these are the traditional plank, mountain climber, and any exercise that challenges your balance.

In brief: Recommend
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery