Severe back pain from the lumbar area shooting down through the hips and then down my legs. It causes some tingling in my legs and it also has causedo?

Dr. Jay Zampini
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Sciatica

Shooting pain, tingling, pins and needles in the legs can be caused by pinched nerves in the back.
This is sciatica and can be caused by herniated discs, arthritis, other back problems. It's often treated with antiinflammatory meds, physical therapy, cortisone shots (epidurals), or surgery. Any trouble controlling or moving urine or bowels is an emergency and would need er eval right away.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Chris Faubel
Pain Management

In brief: Lumbar radiculopathy

Are you asking what the diagnosis likely is? If a patient came to me with these symptoms, it would be a clearly diagnosis of "lumbar radiculopathy".
An evaluation by a spine specialist (pm;r or anesthesiologist) is warranted.

In brief: Lumbar radiculopathy

Dr. Vikram Patel