Is no carb all protein diet beneficial?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: DANGEROUS, however:

A no carb diet would consist only of meat ; eggs; i don't know anyone who recommends this.
It would result in many nutritional deficiencies, completely lacking vitamin c, fiber, flavonoids ; other phytonutrients essential for good health. There is lots of research showing benefits of a vegetarian diet but none on the benefits of no carb diet. However, many recommend a low carb diet. See comment:.

In brief: DANGEROUS, however:

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
3 comments
Dr. Randy Baker
Again,I don't know anyone who advocates a no carb diet. Many advocate a low carb diet. Complex carbs have many benefits & are essential for health, but many advise avoiding simple carbs in sugars & grains. There is great controversy on the benefits but a properly-done low-carb diet can be healthy. See http://bit.ly/GAGViU for a discussion of low carb vs. low fat diets.
Dr. Thomas Namey
The Inuit survived for decades on a NO carb diet, in good health. Eskimo too. But I am noto recommending a no carb diet! I'm low carb, but couldn't live with NO carb!
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: No

Not at all. You need carbs.
In fact, carbs are essential for normal processing of fats and protein. However, there are healthy and unhealthy carbs and it's important to make sure you eat the carbs that will help your body and not the ones that will turn and deposit in your fat tissue.

In brief: No

Not at all. You need carbs.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Not that way

Your diet have to be balanced and you do need some carbs as well as fats in your diet for adults if you are consuming 2000 cals per day fat 25% carbs 45% protein 30% that is if you are ideal weight.

In brief: Not that way

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Peter Kurzweil