Why wouldnt they give me a better explanation of cancer in situ?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Pre-cancerous state
Carcinoma in situ is pre-cancer state- or stage 0- a very early stage of cancer in which the tumor is confined to the structure of the organ where it first developed.
The disease has not invaded other parts of the organ. Most in situ carcinomas are highly curable. In breast for instance- it is contained within the duct or the lobule of the breast and not invading beyond the duct /lobule.

In brief: Pre-cancerous state
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: "In Situ" means
"in place" but really means "it does not invade".
In situ has different implications for different organs, i.e., breast versus bladder, versus cervix. Give them another try: ask what does it mean, does it always lead to invasive cancer, what are my options?

In brief: "In Situ" means
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Pathology
In brief: On the verge of canc
Carcinoma in-situ is a lesion, often in the uterine cervix, that is cancer in the epithelial lining but has not gone deeper into the tissue.
If removed, the treatment is curative. If left untreated, there is considerable risk of developing invasive cancer that can cause death. The lesion in cervix is usually related to hpv infection.

In brief: On the verge of canc
Dr. Arnon Rubin