Hi . I was feeling very tired and sleepy 24/7. I start taking iron. Fargon. Is it side effect of iron to feel pain in my colons and kidneys ?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Stop iron, be seen

Fatigue can have many causes.
Only fatigue from iron deficiency anemia should be managed with iron. Iron is a potentially toxic substance and should not be taken routinely without knowing that you actually need it! overload of iron can cause life-threatening build up in many organs. You need a good history and. Exam, and the right exploration into your fatigue.

In brief: Stop iron, be seen

Fatigue can have many causes.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Iron tablet

Iron can cause GI problems including stomach upset, constipation, abdominal pain etc.
Are you referring to flank pain when you said kidneys? Constipation can give you pain all over the abdominal area. My suggestion is to drink plenty of fluids and take some otc medicine for constipation. You need to go to see your primary doctor to check why you are tired and sleepy.

In brief: Iron tablet