I lost my job and have been suffering an identity crisis since then. How do I move on?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Grief work
The path to moving on involves the work of grief -- grieving what you've lost and what it means to you.
It can feel like some essential part of you is now missing, as if you'll never be the same again. And, you won't -- you'll be different. But the work of grief allows you to gradually assess, feel about, and integrate what's happened so that you can move ahead. A good therapist can help.

In brief: Grief work
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Noah Fitzpatrick
In brief: Answer
Divorce yourself from your previous best self and engage with your current best self.

In brief: Answer
Dr. Noah Fitzpatrick
Dr. Noah Fitzpatrick
Dr. Arnon Rubin