Any correlation between cramps and hypokalemia?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: YES
As previous answers, potassium levels are crucial to muscle function, low potassium leads to cramping of muscles, as well as other muscular dysfunction.
Check for potassium and magnesium levels if having cramps, drink lots of water and fruit juices, eat fruits and vegetable.....Listen to grandma.

In brief: YES
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Clarence Grim
Need to find why you have low K and correct that. Many patients can tell when their K is too low as they get muscle cramps or pains. A common cause of having a problem correcting low K is that you are eating too much salt. Work on lowering intake to <1,500 mg Na and get K in diet >4,700 mg. DASH eating plan does this. There is book ISBN: 0-7434-1007-6 and ebook is eISBN-13: 978-1-43914-059-8
Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Cramps low K
Asks correlation and low K, I have taken care of thousands with low K.
The lower the K the more the cramps but some seem to be more sensitive than others. Do second opinion with me so you can figure out what is your situation.

In brief: Cramps low K
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim