I have high levels of protein in urine from 24 hour urine collection. I have been referred to nephrologist. What can you expect on an initial visit?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Nephrologist visit

You can expect to give your medical history and have a physical examination done by the nephrologist.
You will be asked to collect a 24 hour urine collection for creatinine clearance and protein, to see at level your kidneys work and to quantify the amount of protein in your urine/24 hours. A renal ultrasound will be ordered. Depending on the urine results, more blood tests may be ordered.

In brief: Nephrologist visit

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. William Forsythe