I am on dialysis. I cannot stand those fiber drinks. Can i take 2 colaces (docusate sodium) a day ? I know the gastrointerologist does not like using laxatives.

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Ask Doctor

Colace can have added sodium (docusate sodium) in it, and your nephrologist may not want you taking things that can upset your electrolytes, even if it's such a small dose through your stool softener.
So, consult with him/her first, and then you'll have peace of mind. Instead of the laxative drink, you maybe could do it naturally eating organic greens/vegetables instead.

In brief: Ask Doctor

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Steven Seres