Can having traction done on your neck help nerve impingement?

Dr. Nathan Lilya

In brief: It can be helpful

This depends on the cause, and how severe the impingement is, in my experience.
But many people get at least some relief with traction. It is usually one of the first things i try in a patient with neck related nerve impingement, along with cervical manipulation and sometimes muscle relaxants and/or oral steroids. Hopefully it works for you!

In brief: It can be helpful

Dr. Nathan Lilya
Dr. Nathan Lilya
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: IT MAY

There are many different modalities in physical therapy such as aqua therapy, deep heat ultrasound, massage therapy, traction, etc.
Each patient may react differently to each different type of therapy. Best wishes.

In brief: IT MAY

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Eric Weisman