I have ADHD and I am passing all my classes with outstanding grades why do people say ADHD is a retarded disorder im not dumb and I have a 3.5 gpa ?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Uninformed people

Some people are very uninformed about adhd, or they would know it has nothing to do with intelligence level or being "retarded.
" it's possible to be very intelligent and have adhd. Treatment can still help your concentration ; studying a lot, if you have adhd! there are even some gifts associated with being able to notice multiple things in rapid succession -- but the medicines can improve focus.

In brief: Uninformed people

In brief: Ignorance

Add and adhd is a problem with people across a wide range of intellects, from the mentally deficient to the genius.
It is more common to find some specific learning disabilities in the affected patients than the population in general, but a sld does not define ones intellect. No one would say someone who could not sing well was retarded, but they have a singing disability.

In brief: Ignorance

Dr. Jonathan Jassey