I have a 2mm central disc protrusion at l5-s1. My pcp says this is too small to be causing my bilateral foot pain. What do you think? Worth 2nd opin?

In brief: Always

2 mm.Is quite small.
Other swelling, etc may hit the nerves. But many causes of foot pain are independent of spinal issues.

In brief: Always

2 mm.Is quite small.
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright

In brief: 2 mm is too

Small to cause bilateral foot pain.
You and your doctor should look to other causes of these symptoms. Second opinions are useful in certain cases, but your doctor is correct in this case. In general, you should have more faith in your doctor. You should listen to him.

In brief: 2 mm is too

Small to cause bilateral foot pain.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Frederick Nahm
Neurology

In brief: Disc protrusions

Foot pain can have many causes.
Localizing the source of the pain is important to determine best treatment options. Disc and bone issues in the lumbar spine can cause pain and numbness and weakness in the feet. Disc protrusion can cause a mechanical problem as well as produce inflammation. Need to evaluate for other causes before you can attribute the foot pain to the back.

In brief: Disc protrusions

Foot pain can have many causes.
Dr. Frederick Nahm
Dr. Frederick Nahm
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It is possible

To have symptoms from this disc since it centrally located i would advice to check it out.

In brief: It is possible

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied