I do not understand why my hard palate is so high?

Dr. Ram Kalus
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Variant of normal

A high arched palate is a variant of normal anatomy.
If your speech is normal and you are not having any functional problems with your dental arch, then it's just one of those things. Nothing to be concerned about.

In brief: Variant of normal

Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. James Donley
Individuals with a high arched palate may have a bite problem because there is also usually a narrowing of the upper jaw. A high palate will usually also reduce the size of the nasal airway making it harder to breath thru the nose. Mouth breathing then is more common. This leads to a dry mouth and more decay.

In brief: Normal

There are many variations on normal from flat palates to very high palates - from wide to narrow to all sort of irregularities.
If you are worried or if there has been a change - see an oral maxillofacial surgeon for an examination.

In brief: Normal

Dr. David Schneider
Dr. David Schneider
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dentistry

In brief: Genetics.

God made you that way, pure and simple.
Do not stress over it.

In brief: Genetics.

God made you that way, pure and simple.
Do not stress over it.
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dr. Keegan Duchicela