How long do I ask off if I have to undergo for an hallux valgus correction operation.?

Depends on procedure. This is an important question to ask your doctor. Recover depends on the type of procedure. Some ways of fixing hallux valgus will allow you to walk on it right away and others may require 6 weeks or more of crutches. It also depends on your work. If you sit at a desk you might need 1-2 weeks off. If you do heavy labor then you might need 3 months.
Talk to your Surgeon. These are the kinds of questions that should be addressed with your operating surgeon pre-operatively because the answer can vary widely depending on the type of procedure planned.
It depends. Their are many different types of bunion procedures. If its a "head procedure" then you can ambulated immediately and probably do a sit down job. If a mid shaft, base or fusion type of procedure it involves being off loaded anywhere from two to three months and probably can do a sit down job. So find out the severity of your bunion and what course the foot and ankle surgeon is opting for.
It depends... It depends on many factors including your age, general health, healing ability, severity of the deformity, and procedure preformed. Speak with your surgeon and seek their advice.