Gastroesophageal reflux disease diagnosed. What can't I eat?

See below. You should avoid late meals, heavy meals, fatty foods, peppermint, chocolate, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, spicy foods, tomato sauce and/or any other foods you find worsen your symptoms. Weight loss if helpful if you are overweight.
Prevent GERD. Avoid foods & behavior that delay stomach emptying &/or relax the lower esophageal sphincter--spicy, greasy food, mints, alcohol, tobacco, chocolate, tomato-based products, caffeinated & fizzy drinks, eating before bedtime. Lose weight. Elevate head of bed on blocks. Use otc acid blockers for relief (h2's: tagamet, zantac, (ranitidine) pepcid; ppi's: prilosec, prevacid, zegerid). See a GI doctor if persistent.