I might need to take time off work for a ganglion cyst removal on my wrist. Any ideas how long?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Few days
It depends on your work, labor or office, for labor about six weeks for office you could back to in few days, your doc will help with it.

In brief: Few days
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery
What kind of work do you do? If office work, sometimes with an understanding employer, you can return the next day.
Manuel laborer might take a few weeks.

Manuel laborer might take a few weeks.
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends
Depends on how much you need to use your hands.
A dorsal wrist ganglion (on top of the wrist) usually heal quickly. It depends on your surgeon as well. I let my patients move their wrist right away, and some go to work a few days after surgery. You may decide to wait until your stitches come out after a week. There is no one answer.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery