I had a forehead lift, upper and lower eyelids, but I still have so much swelling especially my eyes?

Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Common
Swelling takes a while to resolve.
Avoid salty foods and anything that causes water retention. Keep your head elevated when sleeping, and avoid smoke or other eye irritants. See your surgeon to see if further measure are needed to speed recovery.

In brief: Common
Swelling takes a while to resolve.
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Common
After forehead lift and eyelid surgery it is common to have swelling and bruising around the eyes.
This should resolve over time.

In brief: Common
This should resolve over time.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Return to your Dr.
There are many causes of persistent swelling.
Many are related to irritation to the eye itself. I recommend you return to your surgeon for a reevaluation.

In brief: Return to your Dr.
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Normal if early
Swelling is quite common inthe first few days up to 10 days after surgery.
Head elevation, ice and compression are generally used in the first few days. Steroids and diuretics are controversial. Arnica offers some homeopathy options for diminished swelling & bruising. Signs of abnormal swelling which should be discussed with your surgeon include redness, severe pain, warmth, fever, localized, etc.

In brief: Normal if early
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Marc Polecritti
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Swelling is normal
Especially in the area where surgery was performed.
However, the swelling should gradually lessen as days pass from the surgery. Ice, head elevation and avoidance of strenuous activity will speed up the recover process. If your concerned the swelling may not be normal, have the surgeon evaluate you.

In brief: Swelling is normal
Dr. Marc Polecritti
Dr. Marc Polecritti
Dr. Ram Kalus
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Timing is everything
Swelling following your surgery is normal.
Depending on the specific procedure(s) you had, most swelling should subside by two to three weeks. If it has been significantly longer than that, you should check back with your surgeon.

In brief: Timing is everything
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. William Forsythe