Eye trauma - I have blood in my eye. Can it wait til tomorrow?

Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
If the blood is on the white part, it is likely to be a broken blood vessel caused by holding your breath like with a sneeze, lifting heavy objects, etc.
If the blood is behind the clear window go to the nearest emergency room immediately.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Dr. Marilyn Huheey
Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine
In brief: No
Traumatic eye injures should be evaluated immediately.
Nontraumatic blood streaking in the eye may be from a small vessel bursting. However, if it is related to trauma then you would want to rule out globe or orbit injury that could possibly compromise vision.

In brief: No
Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine