Can having dysthymia qualify you for disability?

In brief: I doubt that
The diagnosis of dysthymia would qualify you to receive disability.
The reason is that while dysthymia can really impact your quality of life - it should not prevent you from basic functioning. Disability is based on impairment not degree of sadness or dissatisfaction with oneself or their life.

In brief: I doubt that
Dr. Tarek Nashawi
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: Depressed
No, probably most of us suffer from dysthymia, if it gets into severe depression untreatable with available meds then that is different but i think no matter how depressed you are disability is not that easy to get.

In brief: Depressed
Dr. Tarek Nashawi
Dr. Tarek Nashawi