Very regular period without ovulation. How's that possible? Doctor took blood test and confirmed no ovulation. I've a regular 29 days cycle. I was prescribed clomid (clomiphene).

Dr. Janice Alexander

In brief: Ovulation not key

A woman may have regular cycles and not be ovulating.
It's the rise and fall of the hormones that trigger the cycle.

In brief: Ovulation not key

Dr. Janice Alexander
Dr. Janice Alexander
Dr. Timothy Brown

In brief: Likely ovulating

Regular periods are an extremely strong indication of ovulation.
And there is not a single blood test that can indicate otherwise. Clomid (clomiphene) might still be appropriate if your hormones are low, but you don't need it to make you ovulate in the first place.

In brief: Likely ovulating

Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Wendy Askew

In brief: Suspicious.

It is very unusual.
Typically, having regular predictable periods 29 days apart would require ovulation, to cause the hormonal changes that trigger the menstrual flow to occur. I wonder about how they diagnosed anovulation, if you had a low day 22 Progesterone level, or some other way.

In brief: Suspicious.

It is very unusual.
Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Adam Levy